HR & Recruitment Adviser
We are seeking a HR & Recruitment Adviser to join our busy team.
The successful candidate will work closely with the Head of HR & Recruitment to ensure the effective provision of both recruitment and generalist HR support. The year round recruitment and assessment of law graduates, solicitors and barristers is a significant part of the role, including attending careers events, organising assessment centres and conducting interviews.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience in graduate recruitment or dual HR and recruitment role within a legal (preferable) or professional services environment. They will have the ability to communicate at all levels, excellent attention to detail, strong organisational skills with an ability to effectively prioritise and meet deadlines.
They will be adept at using social media to source and attract candidates and have excellent written skills. A hands-on approach to all tasks carried out by the team is a must.
Main responsibilities include:
- Recruitment of law graduates, solicitors and barristers, including; interviewing, organising and running Assessment Centres, organising and attending recruitment events and liaising with course providers.
- Recruitment of employees through to induction, including; sifting applications, interviewing making offers of employment and ensuring the contractual documentation is supplied, ensuring induction programmes are organised and communicated to the necessary staff.
- Placing recruitment adverts and using social media for job posting, headhunting and building links with relevant industry contacts.
- Ensuring starter and leaver procedures are carried out.
- Producing the annual training plan and liaising with the relevant Heads of Department regarding outstanding training requirements.
- Assisting and advising managers on performance management, including staff absence and time keeping issues.
- Assisting with disciplinary and grievance hearings, including arranging the necessary correspondence as and when required.
- Producing the necessary paperwork for probationary review meetings.
- Assisting with the production of HR Management Information and the monthly HR management report.
- Monitoring compliance with Health & Safety & fire regulations
- Liaising with third parties regarding office facilities.
Level of Skills and Knowledge
- Recruitment experience (preferably graduate recruitment)
- Experience of using social media for job posting, headhunting and raising profile
- Experience of working in a professional legal environment (desirable)
- CIPD qualified (desirable)
- A strong attention to detail and remains calm under pressure
- A ‘can do’ attitude and is willing to be hands on with all tasks
- Strong organisational skills and can consistently meet deadlines
- Balances priorities effectively
- Is able to work effectively as part of a team, equally is comfortable to undertake work independently.
- Displays a professional and appropriate approach
- Is able to write professionally
- Is able to motivate and supervise others
- Identifies and delegates tasks ensuring company procedures are followed
- Shows awareness of the firm as a business and the wider legal market
- Is aware of need for client focus and portrays professional image in all undertakings
- Is able to maintain stakeholder relationships
37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday between 09:00 to 17:30, with an hour for lunch.
How to Apply:
To apply please send your CV and a covering letter outlining why you are interested in the role and why you would be suitable to email@example.com.
The LPC Law Privacy Notice can be found here. By submitting your application, you are consenting to the information you provide being kept on file and processed for recruitment purposes in accordance with the LPC Law Recruitment Privacy Notice and relevant Data Protection Legislation.
Please do not provide referee details as part of your application or within your CV. If you are successful in your application, reference details will be requested as part of LPC Law’s pre-engagement screening requirements at the appropriate time.
Due to high volume of applications, we are unable to respond to unsuccessful candidates.